4-Step Guide: How Much Is My Property Worth?
Step 1: Research Similar Properties
Step 2: Use The Guild’s Online Valuation Tool
How Does An Online Property Valuation Work?
Step 3: Invite An Estate Agent To Visit Your Property
By this step, you have conducted your independent online research and you have completed your online valuation - what’s next?
It’s time to invite your estate agent round to your property for them to come and carry out an in-person valuation.
Note: Our agents have adapted to circumstances where visits to your property isn't possible or isn't preferred. Talk to your local Guild Member to arrange the best solution for selling your home today.
We have more tips on how to promote your property virtually here.
Why should you invite your local estate agent to your property, if you have already done an online valuation?
There are a few reasons why you should invite your local estate agent to your property, to support the result of your online valuation, for example:
● Your local estate agent understands the local market and the surrounding areas like the back of their hand
● They hold the best and most accurate information possible about the surrounding areas and any interest, for example local schools, amenities and landmarks
● Your local estate will be aware of any new developments in the area which could possibly increase OR decrease the value of your property
● They will be able to take everything into consideration, including the condition of your property, to give you an accurate, realistic value price
Step 4: Choose An Agent You Can 100% Trust
As we said earlier on in this blog post, selling your property is one of the biggest and most important decisions that you will ever make. It is a big journey to step on to, and one that may come with many bumps in the road, however, one thing that can improve the process is the estate agent that you ultimately choose. So how do you choose the right estate agent to help you sell your property, we hear you ask?
Checklist: How To Choose The Right Local Estate Agent
● Ask for recommendations
● Check their industry credentials
● Invite them to view your property for an initial valuation (this will give you an authentic feel for how they work if they think they will win your business!)
● Ask any questions that you have - if they are genuinely interested in selling your property and gaining your business then they will be more than happy to help!
● Be realistic with your price - it is essential that you are realistic about your price. Most of the time you will go below the asking price, so it may be an option to put your property on the market at a little higher than what you were expecting. However, do not worry - all of our members at The Guild will be happy to assist you in making the right decision about your property!
View Our Video!
For more information on what has just been explained, take a look at this quick video. It gives a rough idea of how to get an accurate valuation of your home. It explains how an estate agent will take these figures and turn them into an asking price, so you can feel in control during the process.
If you would like to speak to a member of the team here at The Guild, get in touch with us today on 020 7629 4141.